Here’s an overview of the Kirklees Democracy Commission Working Group meeting on Tuesday 17th December 2019 at Denby Dale Pie Hall. We’ve included a video summary, information about how you can get involved, tweets, photos and the full webcast footage.
Summary of the meeting
At this meeting we discussed our new role profile for Kirklees Councillors and protocols for officers and councillors working together. Two of our Young Commissioners joined us to discuss the “Growing a stronger youth council” report from Kirklees Youth Council.
Documents and links from this meeting:
- Working Group agenda, 17th December 2019 (PDF)
- Working Group minutes, 17th December 2019 (PDF)
- Councillor role profile report (PDF)
- New Councillor Role Profile DRAFT (PDF)
- Officer / Councillor protocol report (PDF)
- Councillors and Officers in Kirklees, revised protocol (PDF)
- Growing a stronger youth council
How citizens can get involved
We’re looking for people who want to get involved in growing our youth council and who want to support our young citizens with getting involved in local democracy and civic life. Please get in touch if you’d like to take part.
We welcome your comments about our new role profile for councillors, which describes what’s involved in being a councillor in Kirklees.
The document is a draft, and you’re welcome to email us at email@example.com with comments and ideas.
Be the first to hear about other ways to get involved: