Kirklees Council budget information event
This event is a chance to hear the latest information about Kirklees Council’s budget, and to put your questions to local party leaders and deputy leaders whilst this year’s budget debate is still live. This is an open event for Kirklees citizens.
2018 is a special year, because it marks the 100th anniversary of the Representation of the People Act, which first gave 8.5 million women (and all men aged over 21) the opportunity to vote. We will be celebrating this important milestone in the UK’s democratic history throughout the year, and we’re inviting local organisations to get involved.
Want to organise a Vote 100 event or activity?
We can help by sharing information with you and by promoting your events and activities. Please email us at email@example.com if you’d like to find out more.
The Voice of the Councillor
This is a free event for councillors, local government officers and anyone else who is interested in hearing the findings of recent research from the Councillor Commission and the Kirklees Democracy Commission about councillors.
Want to catch up on an event you missed, or take a second look? You can find out what’s already happened here – stories, webcasts & more…
Keep in touch
Make sure you’re signed up for our email updates…
You can also email us your comments any time:
Reviewing the evidence
Over 1,000 people have talked to us about local democracy in Kirklees and beyond. Thank you to everyone who has got involved so far.
- 88 people took part in discussions at our local democracy roadshow events across Kirklees.
- We met with the Kirklees Youth Council, Huddersfield University Students Union, partner organisations and other groups.
- 43 witnesses gave evidence during our public inquiries and evidence gathering sessions.
- 318 members of the Kirklees e-panel shared their views.
- 441 Kirklees Council staff shared their views.
- We have heard from councillors and political groups in Kirklees.
- We have visited some other councils to learn from their experiences.
- We’ve also received comments in writing, via social media, via our web site and by email.
We reviewed and deliberated all this evidence to help us create our report. You can look through the evidence too: