Vote 100 – deeds not words
We’re proud to be part of Vote 100, a celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Representation of the People Act, which first gave some women (and all men over 21) the right to vote.
We’ve created a Vote 100 Kirklees website where you can see a list of upcoming events in Kirklees, get ideas about running your own event and find links to the Centenary Grant Fund, or find out more about the fight for the vote.
Deeds not words
The Voice of the Councillor
This is a free event for councillors, local government officers and anyone else who is interested in hearing the findings of recent research from the Councillor Commission and the Kirklees Democracy Commission about councillors.
Want to catch up on an event you missed, or take a second look? You can find out what’s already happened here – stories, webcasts & more…
Keep in touch
Make sure you’re signed up for our email updates…
You can also email us your comments any time:
Reviewing the evidence
Over 1,000 people have talked to us about local democracy in Kirklees and beyond. Thank you to everyone who has got involved so far.
- 88 people took part in discussions at our local democracy roadshow events across Kirklees.
- We met with the Kirklees Youth Council, Huddersfield University Students Union, partner organisations and other groups.
- 43 witnesses gave evidence during our public inquiries and evidence gathering sessions.
- 318 members of the Kirklees e-panel shared their views.
- 441 Kirklees Council staff shared their views.
- We have heard from councillors and political groups in Kirklees.
- We have visited some other councils to learn from their experiences.
- We’ve also received comments in writing, via social media, via our web site and by email.
We reviewed and deliberated all this evidence to help us create our report. You can look through the evidence too: