Preview evenings for Kirklees citizens
We’re inviting Kirklees citizens to be the first to hear some of the findings and recommendations of the Kirklees Democracy Commission. You can register now for one of our preview evenings. If you’re an active citizen, or if you’d like to be, and you’re interested in making our local democracy stronger, these events are definitely for you.
Reviewing the evidence
Over 1,000 people have talked to us about local democracy in Kirklees and beyond. Thank you to everyone who has got involved so far.
- 88 people took part in discussions at our local democracy roadshow events across Kirklees.
- We met with the Kirklees Youth Council, Huddersfield University Students Union, partner organisations and other groups.
- 43 witnesses gave evidence during our public inquiries and evidence gathering sessions.
- 318 members of the Kirklees e-panel shared their views.
- 441 Kirklees Council staff shared their views.
- We have heard from councillors and political groups in Kirklees.
- We have visited some other councils to learn from their experiences.
- We’ve also received comments in writing, via social media, via our web site and by email.
We are currently reviewing and deliberating all this evidence – then we’ll be sharing our draft report and recommendations with our participants. You can look through the evidence too:
Local democracy roadshow
In July and August we held a series of Local democracy roadshows across Kirklees. Thank you to everyone who shared comments, questions and ideas about local democracy at these events. We’ve been looking closely at what you told us, and we put some of your questions to the witnesses at our public inquiries.
When our draft report and recommendations are ready, we’ll be sharing these with our participants to ask what you think.
There will continue to be opportunities for online participation, and we’ll have a public event to introduce the Democracy Commission’s report and recommendations.
Join the debate – keep in touch
Make sure you’re following on twitter and sign up for our email updates….
You can also email us your comments any time: