The Kirklees Democracy Commission Working Group are overseeing our practical work to grow a stronger local democracy. The group meets every six weeks and you can follow our progress live via webcast or twitter.
Our next meeting will be on Monday 27th January 2020 from 11am to 12.30pm at Dewsbury Town Hall. You can follow live via @kirkdemocracy on twitter or watch our full video archive after the meeting.
At this meeting we’ll be discussing our work to support councillors in their changing role and how we’re using the Place Standard to have conversations about our local places. We will also hear about work to improve voter registration in Kirklees.
- Working Group agenda, 27th January 2020 (PDF)
- Working Group minutes, 17th December 2019 (PDF)
- The changing councillor role update report (PDF)
- Citizen engagement update report (PDF)
These pages include a summary, documents, information about how you can get involved, the full webcast or audio and tweets from each meeting:
- Tuesday 17th December 2019 from 9.30am to 11am
- Thursday 10th October 2019 from 9am to 10.30am
- Monday 19th August 2019 from 11am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 7th August 2019 from 3pm to 4.30pm
- Wednesday 16th January 2019 from 10am to 11.30am
- Wednesday 28th November 2018 from 10am to 11.30am
- Wednesday 24th October 2018 from 10am to 11.30am
- Wednesday 29th August 2018 from 10am to 11.30am
- Wednesday 18th July 2018 from 10am to 11.30am
- Tuesday 26th June 2018 from 10am to 11am
- Monday 16th December 2019 from 11am to 12.30pm
- Monday 27th January 2020 from 11am to 12.30pm
- Monday 9th March 2020 from 11am to 12.30pm