We held a special event on 30th June 2017 to celebrate the publication of our ‘Growing a stronger local democracy’ report. On the day we shared our findings and recommendations for the future.
- Story: Kirklees Democracy Commission report launch
- Blog: Young citizens are shaping the future of our local democracy
- Slides: Welcome – Jacqui Gedman
- Slides: Our story so far – Dr Andy Mycock
- Slides: What we learned – Cllr Cathy Scott
- Videos: Reactions to the Kirklees Democracy Commission report
- More information about the event (pre-event info)
- Local democracy workshops (pre-event info)
- Question Time session (pre-event info)
We asked some of the participants at our launch event for their reactions to the Kirklees Democracy Commission report. Participants told us what stands out for them about the Commission’s work, and shared some of their aspirations for the future.
Missed our launch event on Friday 30th June 2017? You can watch our webcast archive to hear the presentations and watch our Question Time session: