We want to know what would make your everyday experience of local democracy better. What would make it easier for you to participate in local decision-making, and what would encourage you to feel involved?
The event will include an introduction to the Democracy Commission by Dr Andrew Mycock (our independent chair) from the University of Huddersfield.
You will work in groups to answer some questions about our key themes, share ideas and say what’s important to you. There will also be a panel Question & Answer session, electronic voting on some of the issues and plenty of time for networking.
Lunch will be provided for the daytime roadshows (which are from 10am to 2pm) and a light buffet for the evening roadshows (which are from 6pm to 9pm).
Roadshows – register now
- Thursday 28th July, 10am to 2pm – Huddersfield Town Hall
- Monday 15th August, 10am to 2pm – Dewsbury Town Hall
- Monday 15th August, 6pm to 9pm – Batley Town Hall
- Wednesday 24th August, 10am to 2pm – Huddersfield Town Hall
- Wednesday 24th August, 6pm to 9pm – Huddersfield Town Hall